Happy Halloween, everyone!
‘Tis the season for all things spooky! These mummy mini-pizzas are the perfect snack to complement your Halloween activities.
Why are these ghoulish snacks spooky perfection? They are:
Quick. The whole process takes about 20 minutes.
Simple. Stack a few ingredients and pop in the oven. Voila!
Filling. The dietary fiber in the whole wheat and vegetables keep you feeling full.
Tasty. The tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and basil are the perfect combination.
Adjustable. Add or remove toppings to your liking.
Festive. Who doesn’t want a tiny, mummy pizza on Halloween?
Need I say more? Enjoy these mini pizzas while getting ready tonight!
Pizza Crust & Toppings:
2 whole-wheat or multigrain English muffins, lightly toasted
Fresh basil, chopped
Red Bell pepper, thinly sliced
Mozzarella (shredded, string, or fresh)
8 olive slices
*For the vegan pizza, I used caramelized onions instead of cheese.
- ¼ cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 400° Place halved English muffins on a baking sheet.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add a spoonful of sauce to each half and top with basil and pepper.
- Line cheese along the top of the ingredients. I used a small amount of cheese, but you can add more to fully wrap your mummy.
- Pop the olive slices on for eyes, and bake for about 15 minutes.
Want to make this recipes vegan?
I made one vegan pizza in my batch, and it was amazing! Use caramelized onions as a flavorful substitute for the cheese.
1. Caramelize onions by cooking them with a dash of olive at low-medium heat for about 10 minutes.
2. Line onions just like the cheese and heat for the same amount of time.