It’s time to grab the bull by its horns and get active. Physical activity each day will have you feeling happy, healthy and productive.
There are numerous benefits of physical activity and with a little motivation and discipline, exercise can become a fun part of your daily routine. Find an exercise that works for you and get moving to keep the mind and body healthy. USF offers plenty of fun and exciting ways to stay active during finals week and all year-round, so check out these ten ways to stay active on campus.
1) Rise and ride with indoor cycling classes. If you’re ready for a challenge then give a cycling class a whirl. These classes are an effective way to jumpstart your day.
2) Check out a weight training class. Building muscle is the key to creating a fast metabolism. Campus Recreation offers classes aimed to build muscle and increase strength. Ready to see what weight training is all about? Try Muscle Madness on Mondays and Thursdays.
3) Practice light stretching. Stretching increases flexibility and minimizes the chances of injury.
4) Try yoga. Hatha yoga is a great way to keep the mind and body strong. In this class at Campus Recreation you focus on breath work, strength, flexibility and exercising the spirit.
5) Go for a walk. Its one of the best forms of exercise and it’s free and doesn’t require previous training. Going on a walk is a good way to get outside and enjoy what nature has to offer. Walking can also help improve and maintain your overall health.
6) Make active choices. Taking the stairs or the long way to class is a great and easy way to increase physical activity.
7) Borrow a bike from Campus Recreation. Ready to feel the breeze and try something new? This service allows students to simply Borrow our Bikes so they can explore nature trails that are located right on campus. It’s a fun way to get outside and explore.
8) Join an Intramural or Sport Club. The options for staying active are endless, and what’s even better is that you don’t have to do it alone. Join an intramural team or a club sport offered through Campus Recreation.
9) Jam out to workout videos. Not in the mood to leave your home? That’s okay, because you can exercise in the comforts of your own space. Grab some friends, plug in the DVD player and play one of your favorite workout videos. Videos are convenient and are a great way to stay active. Check out these top workout videos.
10) Go on an adventure trip with Outdoor Recreation. Staying active doesn’t have to be all work–it can be loads of fun. Adventure Trips offer numerous activities: Kayaking in the everglades, Wilderness Day Hiking, Rock Climbing, White Water Rafting and so much more.
Well there you have it bulls, ten easy ways to stay active here at USF! For more information visit the Campus Recreation website to explore more physical activity options. It’s time to open the door to new experiences that are going to keep you happy, healthy and well. Go Bulls!
Contributed by Abby Jackson