Do you think movies with party scenes paint the true picture of all college students? Think again. Most students are smart when it comes to their choices about alcohol. The majority of USF first-year students do not drink at all and over a quarter of them have never drank alcohol.Want to learn more? Then get ready Bulls, it’s National Alcohol Awareness Week! Grab your pen and your planner and jot down these dates. You DO NOT want to miss out!
ALL WEEK- Alcohol Awareness Tabling
Visit the REACH Peer Educators and Wellness Education at the Alcohol Awareness Week table every day in the MSC atrium from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Pick up your BAC card
- Discover healthy alternatives to alcohol
- Learn the appropriate serving size of your drinks
Lollanobooza- Friday, October 16:
Lollanobooza, presented by the Center for Student Involvement, will be the kick-off event of Alcohol Awareness Week. It takes place in the MSC Ballroom from 8 – 11 PM
- This event is an alcohol education CARNIVAL
- FREE food
- Games and prizes
You will have a fun and safe Friday night with CSI at Lollanobooza!
Building Healthy Relationships- Monday, October 19:
Head on over to the SVC 2124, 2-3 PM for Building Healthy Relationships presented by the USF Counseling Center.
- Learn how to socialize without the use of alcohol
- How alcohol can impact relationships
- Learn how to make friends apart from alcohol
None for the Road & Learning to Let Go- Tuesday, October 20:
None for the Road is a DUI panel presented by DACCO & USF Police Department in MSC 2703 from 12PM-1PM
- Ask any question you want answered about Drinking and Driving
- Receive credible and reliable answers
- Find out the real impact of Drinking and Driving
Join the Counseling Center for Learning to Let Go from from 2PM-3PM in SVC 2124 to learn how to overcome feeling nervous, anxious or worried.
- Gain skills on how to handle your emotions so you can reach your life goals
- Discuss the skill of “Urge Surfing”
- Learn how to deal and cope with difficult desires
Mindfulness Meditation- Wednesday, October 21:
Join us on Wednesday for Mindfulness Meditation presented by the Counseling Center. This event will take place in SVC 2124 from 2PM-3PM.
For National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week, we will explore:
- How substances can impair one’s ability to be mindful
- How to use mindfulness techniques
- How to cope with cravings
Mocktail Mix-off- Thursday, October 22:
The Mocktail Mix-off, presented by REACH Peer Educators, Wellness Education and Watch Your BAC Campaign, is the final event of Alcohol Awareness Week. This event will take place at the MSC Amphitheater from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Organizations will compete for the best mocktail
- YOU get to taste test and vote on your favorite
- Play games and win prizes
- Increase your alcohol knowledge
Thats a wrap, Bulls! We hope to see you throughout Alcohol Awareness Week. Make sure you mark your calendars and planners for all the fun that will be happening at USF.
For more information on the weeks events visit usf.edu/alcoholawareness.