Finals week is right around the corner and the cramming before exams is about to begin. Eating right can help you study more effectively. It is important to eat healthy foods that will provide sustainable energy. Fuel your brain and eat for energy so you can stay alert during finals week and be ready for your exams.
Bananas pack a big punch!
- They are rich in potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber.
- Bananas also contain tryptophan, which helps stimulate serotonin production in the brain. This may help regulate your mood and enhance brain function.
Try This: Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Slice one ripe banana
- Take 2 Tbsp of peanut butter and spread it between the slices
Oatmeal is the perfect meal to kick start your day!
- Oatmeal contains essential vitamins and minerals: calcium, iron, folic acid, vitamin B5 which will power your body throughout the day.
- Oatmeal contains a soluble fiber, which makes you feel fuller for longer.
Try This: Add a handful of blueberries and walnuts to your oatmeal for additional nutrients and flavor!
It is a delicious snack packed with protein.
- Packed with Vitamin B12, Greek yogurt helps benefit brain function and energy.
Try This: Greek Yogurt Parfait
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- ½ cup of your favorite granola
- ½ cup of your favorite berry
- 1 tablespoon of honey
An easy way to pack a lot of nutrients into your body is to blend it all together in a smoothie.
- By adding dark, leafy greens to your smoothie, you increase your intake of nutrients that may help to enhance your brain function.
Try This: Green Monster Smoothie
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ripened banana
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 handful of frozen blueberries
- A few ice cubes
An apple a day keeps the doctor away, right?
- Red apples contain quercetin, which is an antioxidant that can help boost immune function.
Pick up an apple and do your body a favor!
Try This: Caramel Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- 1 cup apple
- 1 small container of caramel yogurt
- 1 spoonful of peanut butter