Happy 2016, Bulls!
I’ve got a great feeling about this year! The new year and new semester is the perfect time to get started on your resolutions and goals. This year we want YOU to share with us the goals you have for 2016. By following the Ready Set Goal process you can make 2016 one of the best years yet.
Register your email at usf.edu/readysetgoal to receive tips and inspiration on your goals. You can also share your goals on social media by using the hashtag #ReadySetGoal.
Own the goal by making a SMART goal.
Specify Specify the actions you will take, when and where you will do so, and who or what is involved.
Meaningful The goal should be meaningful to you.
Adaptive Does the goal help you to take your life forward in a direction that, as far as you predict, is likely to improve the quality of life.
Realistic The goal should be realistically achievable.
Time-bound To increase the specificity of your goal, set a day, date and time for it. If this is not possible, set as accurate a time limit as possible.
Check out the first step → Click here.
2. Make It Fun
- Brainstorm a list of fun ways to reach your goal.
- Find a friend to reach your goal with.
- Post pictures and videos on social media so people will cheer you on! Share your photo with the hashtag #ReadySetGoal
- Make a motivational playlist or a list of inspirational quotes to get you going.
Step 2 → Watch this.
3. Remember the Big Picture
Sometimes when we are reaching for our goals it’s easy to doubt ourselves, but you shouldn’t. It’s time to take a step back and remember the three R’s:
- Reflect: Why is this goal important to you?
- Re-evaluate: Take stock of where you are at and where you are going.
- Restart: Look at where you are at and decide to make a fresh commitment or take today to restart and get going.
Here’s more information about the three R’s → Click here.
4. Keep a Balance
Self improvement is a long process, it takes effort and skill to achieve your goal.
- Avoid letting your goal overwhelm you.
- Don’t neglect other factors of your life that you may need.
- Practice time management skills to organize each of your days so you can socialize, study, sleep and eat.
Learn how to keep the balance in your life → Watch this.
We have tons of resources to help you achieve your goals. Click the link to register your email and get started!
Ready, Set, GOAL!