As Jim Rohn states, “either you run the day or the day runs you.” Run the day, your way, with the following tips to help manage your priorities and make the most of your 24-hour days.
- Combine mundane tasks with simple exercises. How about doing squats while you brush your teeth?
- Take 5 minutes a day to tidy up your living space. You’d be surprised how much you can do in so little time and this saves you the hassle of cleaning up the clutter that piles up over time.
- Identify the small tasks you want to incorporate into your daily routine in the mornings and evenings to reduce time figuring out when to fit them into your schedule. Don’t be afraid to change these daily tasks up if it starts becoming ineffective or boring. Here are some worksheets to help organize your semester, weeks, and days.
- To avoid procrastination, break down huge tasks into smaller tasks with personal deadlines. This way, you can stay on track and complete the task a little at a time rather than viewing it as an impossibly huge task. Learn more about procrastination and how to overcome it here.
- Combine waiting time with productive time. For instance, you can put in your load of laundry and cook while you wait for the clothes to finish washing.
Take the first step(s) towards better time management today and if you’re still hungry for knowledge, check out these resources for time management.
At the end of the day, despite popular desire for more, we all have 24 hour-days. How will you spend yours?
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below! Which hacks are your favorite? Do you have any hacks that work for you? If you’re looking for blog experience and interested in wellness, contact me about the possibility of being a guest blogger!