Fuel up for finals for the next 12 days with a series of healthy, easy-to-make breakfast recipes!
French Toast in a Mug
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/4c skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla bean extract
- Spray mug with cooking spray.
- Add the egg, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, milk and beat together.
- Dice the bread and add to the mug, push it down into the egg mix.
- Microwave for approximately 1 and ½ minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy
Serves: 6 sandwiches
- 6 large eggs
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6 English muffins, split in half
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray and crack one egg in each well. Lightly whisk each egg with a fork. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the egg is firm. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Assemble the sandwich by layering the bottom half of the English muffin with a slice of Canadian bacon, one egg round, a slice of cheese and top with the other half of the English muffin.
Vegan Banana bread in a Mug
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp almond or soy milk
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- Spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray. Mix the flour, sugars, baking soda, and salt right in the mug.
- Mix vanilla, milk, applesauce and banana into dry ingredients.
- Microwave for 3 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!
Hot Chocolate Quinoa Bowl
- 2 ½ cups liquid (water/milk/non-dairy milk)
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Mix-ins (optional): Blueberries, pecans, chia seeds, shredded coconut and pieces of hershey’s dark chocolate!
- Bring liquid, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and vanilla to a boil over medium heat
- Stir in quinoa and reduce heat to low simmer.
- When quinoa is done (little tails come out), stir in the chocolate chips.
- Remove from heat, place in bowls and add mix-ins of your choice.
Wild Blueberry Banana Spinach Power Smoothie
Serves: 1 smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, raspberries, or blackberries
- 1/2 frozen medium banana
- 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds for topping, if desired
- Place all ingredients besides chia seeds into blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if smoothie is too thick. Pour into a chilled glass, sprinkle with chia seeds and extra blueberries; enjoy!
Sunshine Overnight Oats
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/8 tsp orange extract
- To start, mash half of a banana in a bowl. Add in oats, milk and extract. Give it a stir, and then pop it into the fridge to sit overnight.
- In the morning, take it out of the fridge and enjoy! Top with additional goodies in the morning such as peace and kiwi slices, coconut and granola
Strawberry Shortcake Quinoa Parfait
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons low sugar maple syrup (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Cook about 1 cup of dry quinoa according to the package directions. Allow to cool and then place in fridge to chill for a couple hours. This step is best beforehand so you can prep the parfaits quickly.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together 2 cups chilled quinoa, unsweetened almond milk, 1 Tablespoon of maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine Greek yogurt with remaining 1 Tablespoon maple syrup.
- Layer quinoa mixture, Greek yogurt and berries in a dish. Repeat layers however many times you’d like. Top with a few berries and enjoy!
Egg Wrap Florentine
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- In a medium sized skillet, coat lightly with olive oil and heat to medium. Add in the onion, bell pepper, stirring frequently until the veggies are tender and the onion is translucent. Add the spinach to the skillet and stir until the spinach is wilted. Remove veggies from skillet and set on a plate.
- Beat the three eggs into a small bowl and pour into the skillet, stirring every so often. When eggs are cooked add in the veggies and gently stir until well combined.
- Serve the egg and vegetable mixture on a whole wheat tortilla
Muffin Tin Omelets
- 6 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ pint cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease muffin pan with spray oil.
- In a medium bowl, add eggs and Italian seasoning. Mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients
- Pour egg mixture into muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until eggs have puffed up and browned slightly
Peanut Butter Zucchini Breakfast Bar
Serves: 9 squares
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed (almost 1 cup
- 1 cup grated/shredded zucchini (liquid squeezed out)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (4 tablespoons if bananas not very ripe)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup peanut flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in the zucchini, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the oats, peanut flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. If you like your bars more done, cook for 30 minutes. If you prefer them softer, bake closer to 25 minutes.
- Remove bars from oven and let cool completely. Cut into 9 squares.
Sweet Potato Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Serves: 7-8 pancakes
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 egg whites 1 large egg
- 1-2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of cloves, nutmeg, or allspice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that both are very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add the ingredients to a blender in the order listed and process until the oats are fully broken down and the batter is smooth and frothy.
- Pour the batter straight from the blender onto your skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached. Cook them until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
No Bake Fruit Tart
Serves: 12 tarts
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt optional
- 1/2 cup rice krispie cereal
- 1/4 cup oat flour regular oats that have been blended in the blender
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats not cooked
- Vanilla or different flavored Greek yogurt
- Fresh fruit chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the almond butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the rice krispie cereal, oat flour (oats that have been blended or put in a food processor until they resemble flour — measure AFTER blending and not before), and old-fashioned oats.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. If it’s too wet, add in some more oat flour and too dry, add a bit more almond butter.
- Form balls and then press the balls into a miniature muffin tin. Press your finger into the middle to form a tart. Carefully remove the tart from the mold.
- Fill up with vanilla flavored Greek yogurt or your preferred flavor.
- Top with fresh fruit and enjoy immediately.