Are you a watermelon fanatic? Can’t get enough of it? Try turning your favorite fruit into a meal with these fun and delicious, easy-to-make recipes! We can’t think of a better way to celebrate SUMMER!
Don’t feel like spending a lot of money? Grab a friend (or two) to go to the grocery store with you to split the costs! And remember to have some Tupperware ready for leftovers!
Watermelon Feta Salad
• 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
• 1 cup medium cucumber, chopped
• 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
• ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
• ½ cup coarsely chopped mint
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
• ½ tsp. kosher salt
1. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt.
2. In a large serving bowl, add the watermelon, cucumber, red onion, and mint.
3. Pour the dressing from the small bowl into the large bowl and gently toss around.
4. Top off with the feta cheese and kosher salt.
• 1 small watermelon, sliced
• 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
• 2 tbsp. sliced fresh basil
• Black Pepper
• Extra-virgin olive oil
• Balsamic glaze
1. Slice watermelon and mozzarella both into 1/2 inch thick squares.
2. On a long plate, alternate slices of the watermelon and mozzarella. Sprinkle with basil, salt, and pepper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze.
• 4 cups baby watercress
• 3 cups diced watermelon
• 1 cup orzo pasta
• ½ cup lemon juice
• 4 ounces of crumbled feta cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions and squeeze out lemons into a cup (unless you bought ready-to-use lemon juice which is fine too!). Remember to take out the lemon seeds if any fall in.
2. In a large bowl, mix the hot pasta and lemon juice.
3. Cover the bowl and chill pasta mixture in the fridge for 3-24 hours.
4. Mix in the watermelon and baby watercress. Gently toss altogether.